ALL NEW ARMY MEMBERS START HERE (for NBA)
Welcome to the DFS Army!! As a new member, I’m sure you are wondering where to start. Below, you will find links to our most frequently asked questions as you acclimate yourself with our site. We recommend watching all that interests you as well as looking at the Staff Profiles to see which coach might match up with your style best. Our goal is to deliver more to you than you expect.
You will also find extensive videos on Bankroll Management, the number one leak in any DFS player’s game. Want to learn how to maximize the industry’s leading optimizer? We have tutorials for basic play and also importing bulk lineups if you play the multi-entry tourneys. The Research Station tutorial is a must watch to understand the numbers, filters, and stats you will be leaning heavily on.
Sometimes answering questions leads to more questions. Head out into Slack (dfsarmyhq.slack.com) and interact with our members and coaches. You will truly find an atmosphere of positivity and communal dedication to improving your game. Welcome to the team!!
The following links will introduce you to NBA Strategy and how to use the DFS Army Tools! Please reach out to a coach in chat if you have any questions!
NBA Strategy Videos (This is a great starting spot)
- Cash Strategy – DraftKings
- Cash Strategy – FanDuel
- MME/GPP Strategy – DraftKings
- MME/GPP Strategy – FanDuel
- NBA Domination Station Tutorial
- Importing/Editing FanDuel Lineups
- Importing/Editing DraftKings Lineups
NBA Slack Channels (dfsarmyhq.slack.com)
- #nba-talk – General NBA Discussion. Please keep all general NBA discussions in this channel.
- #nba-coaches-notes (Please do not post in this channel) – This channel is where coaches post notes and important slate information.
- #nba-breaking-news (Please do not post in this channel) – This channel is extremely important to monitor. In this channel coaches will post breaking news for the upcoming slates and how the news affects things, possible pivots, etc.
- #nba-coaching – This is the channel you want to take advantage of and ask any NBA questions you have for the coaches.
- Please read and follow all slack rules!
Where to find the NBA Tools / Content
- Domination Station
- Live Odds
- Cheat Sheets
- Research Station
- SuperDraft Projections
- Breaking News Feed (VIP members can access the Breaking News Channel in Chat)
- Daily Podcasts
- Strategy Videos
- NBA Tool Tutorials
- NBA Staff Profiles
Pro Tip: LISTEN TO THIS ASAP! The first thing you should do, especially if you are new to DFS, but even if you’re not, this is good to hammer into your head!
- Ladder System
- Ladder System 2.0
- To Ladder or Not to Ladder – a Quantitative Analysis
- Ladder System Worksheet / Calculator
- LU = Line Up or Team
- DK = DraftKings
- FD = FanDuel
- FD2 = FantasyDraft
- SD = SuperDraft
- DS = Domination Station, the DFS Army optimizer
- RS = Research Station
- DS optimal, or DS OP = This is our projections based top optimized lineup – ideally for cash games and ladders, members should use their research to lock in on a player or two and then run with these settings to build a unique lineup
- You get this by removing all players that are projected under 20 mins/20 fantasy points and running. (unique players do not matter, it’s just the top projected LU)
- GPP = Guaranteed Prize Pool, or the big contests with top-heavy payout structures were 25 or fewer % win, and the real money is at the top 5 spots. (Pro Tip: These are like playing lottery tickets. Even with 150 LUs entered your odds of winning a top 5 spot in a 15,000+ entrant contest are miniscule.
- CASH = any contest that pays 40% or better of the entrants.
Helpful hint, most browsers allow you to clear with an option to NOT clear your history/passwords, make sure to check for that.