Breaking News
Get updated with all the latest happenings across fantasy sports
Nick Anderson Agrees to One-Year Deal With A's
Free-agent right-hander Nick Anderson agreed to an undisclosed one-year deal with the Athletics earlier this month that includes an invitation to major-league spring training, according to Jon Morosi of MLB Network. Anderson's MLB salary is $1 million if he's added to the 40-man roster. The 35-year-old has pitched in six big-league seasons with five different teams. He appeared in 12 games out of the bullpen in 2025 for the Colorado Rockies, posting a career-worst 6.14 ERA (10 earned runs in 14 2/3 innings) while striking out 10 and walking two. In his career, Anderson holds a 3.43 ERA (3.38 FIP), 1.11 WHIP, 10 saves, 212 strikeouts, and 49 walks in 173 innings pitched over 177 relief appearances. Anderson will be far from the fantasy radar in all formats and will most likely start the 2026 season at Triple-A Las Vegas.
Nick Anderson4 hours ago
Sam Hentges Agrees to One-Year Deal With Giants
Free-agent relief pitcher Sam Hentges and the San Francisco Giants agreed to a one-year, $1.4 million deal on Thursday, a source familiar with the deal told Robert Murray of FanSided. Hentges became a free agent after he was non-tendered by the Cleveland Guardians last week. The 29-year-old is expected to be ready for spring training in February after missing the entire 2025 season after having surgery on his left shoulder and arthroscopic surgery on his right knee back in September. The southpaw won't be on the fantasy radar, but he could end up being a key bullpen piece for the Gigantes if he can return to his pre-injury form. The former fourth-round selection had a 3.04 ERA and 0.97 WHIP in 23 2/3 relief innings before being shut down in 2024, and he holds a career 4.18 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, one save, and a 223:74 K:BB in 168 appearances (12 starts) in the majors since debuting in Cleveland in 2021.
Sam Hentges5 hours ago
Dylan Cease Agrees With Blue Jays on Seven-Year, $210 Million Deal
Free-agent right-hander Dylan Cease and the Toronto Blue Jays agreed on a seven-year, $210 million deal on Wednesday, pending a physical, sources tell Jeff Passan of ESPN.com. The defending American League champions take one of the best starting arms off the open market a day before Thanksgiving. Cease will join an already strong rotation in Toronto that includes Kevin Gausman, Trey Yesavage, Shane Bieber, and Jose Berrios. The 29-year-old has five straight seasons with 200 strikeouts, but he's coming off a disappointing final season with the San Diego Padres in 2025, in which he went 8-12 with a 4.55 ERA (3.56 FIP), 1.33 WHIP, and 215:71 K:BB in 168 innings over 32 regular-season starts. His 71 free passes were one of the highest marks in baseball. Cease remains an elite strikeout artist who has been durable in his career, but he'll be a risk-reward for both Toronto and fantasy managers going into 2026 in the American League East.
Dylan Cease2 days ago
Angels Could Buy Out Final Year of Anthony Rendon's Contract
The Los Angeles Angels and third baseman Anthony Rendon are in talks about buying out the final year of his contract, which could bring a resolution to the failed seven-year, $245 million deal, a source told Alden Gonzalez of ESPN. Rendon missed the entire 2025 season while recovering from hip surgery. If/when the Angels buy out the final year of his deal, Rendon is expected to retire. The 35-year-old veteran is owed $38 million next year. Gonzalez reports that the expectation is that Rendon will defer at least part of that money in 2026, giving the Angels more financial flexibility this offseason. At the time they signed him, the Angels made Rendon the highest-paid third baseman in December of 2019 after he had just won a World Series with the Nationals. The former first-rounder became one of the league's best third basemen in his time with the Nats, but he was a massive bust for the Angels, playing in just a quarter of the team's games over the life of his deal.
Anthony Rendon2 days ago