Welcome back sports fans. UW81 here. I’m a contributor over at DFS Army with a focus on playing on Draft. Give me a follow on Twitter to catch the latest news on Draft for MLB, PGA, and NFL. As always, your best compliment is retweeting and/or sharing this information across social media. Thank you!
Want a free month to DFSArmy and don’t have a Draft account yet? Sign up for Draft today through our link here, deposit at least $20, and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the site you registered for and the username you chose. We will get back to you with a code for a free month of DFS Army VIP membership for each new site signup. It’s that simple.
This article focuses primarily on 3-Man snake draft strategy. Reason being is that you can easily apply this information to H2H as well as widen up to 4-Man contests, which is the average size of the daily GPPs. I’m going to break down what I saw in 20-30 drafts today and how we can exploit our opponents using our tools over on DFS Army.
- First pick was dominated by Trout. He has a consistent floor of 8 points this season which is great, unless someone scores a 53.
- Rounding out your first round picks: Yelich, Harper, Glasnow, Muncy, and Arenado
- Chalk (players owned in 100% of drafts): Trout, Yelich, Glasnow, Arenado, Harper, Acuna, and stratsburg
- Note not today’s slate, there were a lot of guys owned 90% plus like Bellinger and McCutchen, but not much of a all in consensus today
It’s not just MLB we crush as a team
Draft Projections & Rankings
The default draft rankings by position in Draft for their top positions. While most of these would be solid plays, they are vastly different than our projections and grades we developed in house at DFS Army where take into account many different metrics that these do not. Combining our brand new Starting Lineups Page, Domination Station, Articles, and research station, you can quickly see where some players in absolute smash spots should be drafted higher than what’s on this list.
Did you miss my primer strategy piece on Play Draft? Find it here —>2019 Draft Strategy Primer
- Pitching: Glasnow went as early as the second pick and as late as the 8th. There’s merit in reaching with such a depth in hitting tonight, but it’s not where I went.
- infield: No scarcity today. As always, there are more options in outfield.
- outfield: More options than you can shake a stick at with DH counting as out field. Feel free to spread the love around.
Player spotlight: Everyday we high-light one player that went undrafted. Feeling contrarian tonight? Look no further than Yasmani Grandal. Projected on Draft at 8.0 (as of this writing) he’s flying under the radar. Again. He didn’t play last night and has been forgotten today.
The graphic above and Projections in our chat services before lock. If you want access to our Chat, Coaching, Domination Station, and Research Station use code UW81 for a 20% discount when you sign up today or are you new to Draft? Sign up through our affiliate link for Draft and grab a free month over at DFS Army today: